This document will show you how to efficiently reference a collection of documents with a single url. This feature is especially handy if you want to refer to documents that span more than one topic and/ or KB site. You can control the exact list of documents that the end user will see. In this example, we reference a collection of documents to which we have permissions to access.
- Open your KB site web page and enter the document ID numbers into the search field and click the Search button. In the example below, a specific list of documents from 2 different KB sites have been selected for a new employee to review.
- After clicking on the Search button, the exact documents you have specified will appear in a table.
- A long url will appear in your browser's address/search bar.
- You can use a url shortening service to redirect this longer URL.
- goUW would yield the shorter url, http://go.wisc.edu/6e83z9 (requires NetID or Wisconsin Federation login).
- TinyURL would yield a shorter url, http://tinyurl.com/lqeo9ak (free service open to all)
- You can also strip away the text between the document IDs in the URL,
%2@C+, and replace it with a comma. This cleaned up url can be used for distribution.