Communications Committee Minutes 3-15-13

ASCC Monthly Meeting 
March 15th from 11:30 -12:30 pm 
Room 4413, Sterling Hall

Committee Members for 2012 – 2013 
Sonya Sedivy, Mark Lilleleht, Bob Ash, Peter Kleppin, Alice Pulvermacher, Laurie Silverberg, Diane Doering, Laura Gallagher and Jennifer Dykema

Present: Mark L, Bob A, Laurie S, Diane D, Jen D, Laura G and Alice P


  1. Diane completed the flyer for the Nominations Committee. It is being widely distributed. THANK YOU Diane. See attachment.
  2. Review the data use analysis that Bob Ash completed. See attachment
    The committee discussed the results 
          -  The site gets the most use during transition periods such as at the beginning of the semester 
          -  Home page gets viewed quite a bit but then people leave the site 

    -  The committee discussed the analysis results, coupled with the reviews/evaluations committee members completed as well as the evaluation the student Interns completed from last semester. 

    -  ACTION ITEM: 
           -  Laurie S offered to develop the first two levels of the website as a recommendation to ASEC and the Secretary’s Office 
           -  Laura G will review and comment on the draft Laurie S develops 
           -  The draft will be ready by ASCC’s April 12th meeting for the committee to review and discuss the proposed tree structure
  3. Review the evaluations to sort the AS website completed by committee members (Attached is the sorting I completed) 
    a.  Home (Alice) 
    b.  About (Alice) 
    c.  News (Alice) 
    d.  Calendar (Laurie)
    e.  Get Involved (Laurie)
    f.  Find My District (Laura)
    g. Find My Representative (Laura) 
    h.  Academic Staff Resources (Diane) 
    i.  ASPP & Other Policies (Alice
    j.  Appeals (Jen) 
    k. Awards and Grants (Mark)
    l.  Campus Resources (Mark)
    m.  Assembly (Peter)
    n.  Committees (Peter)
    o.  HR Design (Peter)
  4. We also have the website evaluation the interns completed (attached).
  5. Next steps 
    a.  Short term – Jeff Schokler, ASEC Chair and Jo Ann Carr, Interim Secretary of AS will be meeting with the Secretary of Faculty on April 4th to explore having a shared infrastructure for the websites 
    b.  Peter and Alice will meet with Jo Ann and Jeff after the meeting above to discuss next steps

Upcoming meetings are April 12 in Sterling Hall, Rm 4413. 

May 17 in Ingraham Hall, Rm 105

Keywords:CC Minutes   Doc ID:38096
Owner:HEATHER D.Group:Office of the Secretary/ Academic Staff
Created:2014-03-03 10:21 CDTUpdated:2014-06-12 09:30 CDT
Sites:Office of the Secretary/ Academic Staff
Feedback:  0   0