Communications Committee Agenda 2-17-12
Agenda ASCC monthly meeting
Feb 17, 2012 from 11-noon, Room 2180, Mechanical Engineering bldg
Committee Members for 2011 – 2012
Sonya Sedivy, Mark Lilleleht, Bob Ash, Peter Kleppin, Greg Iaccarino, Alice Pulvermacher, Bob Rettammel, Diane Doering, Jennifer Dykema
February 17 Agenda:
Review priorities to promote and improve awareness of academic staff roles on campus:
1) Update on SHOWCASE
2) Review branding project - status update and determine next steps
3) Discuss plans to create monthly articles on academic staff that can be featured on Inside UW-Madison
a. Discuss students creating the framework for this spring semester 2012
b. Consider steps to take to sustain the monthly articles
c. What else?
1) Greg or student interns provide overall update
a. Discuss what if any steps can be taken to improve the current process
b. ASEC to meet with Interns - 3/1, 3:45-4:30 or 3/22, 3-4:30 for ½ hour and again 5/3, 2:15-4:30 or 5/10, 3-4:30.
2) Is it possible for UW Communications to tag academic staff?
3) Alice provide update on "Documenting and Communicating Scholarly Work of Academic Staff" presentation
a. You may join (or leave) by emailing directly to the two WiscList addresses below.
4) Any additional agenda items?
Upcoming meeting dates: The Friday immediately following Academic Assembly meetings. March 16, April 13 and May 18 from 11-noon.
All meetings are in Room 2180 Mechanical Engineering, except for the April 13 meeting, which will be in Room 2188 Mechanical Engineering.