This document describes how to change the display language in Windows 8. This will only work with languages for which Microsoft provides a language pack.
- Right click on the start button in the lower right corner and click Control Panel.
- Note:Windows 8 Users who have not upgraded to Windows 8.1 must hover the cursor in the bottom left of the screen to produce the Start Menu image.
- Click language. If you are in category view, click Add a Language under the header Clock, Language, and Region.
- Click Add a Language.
- Select the language that you would like to add and click Add. Select your new language and click the options button.
- Under the Windows display language header, it will indicate whether or not there is a language pack available. If there is, click Download and install language pack. Once the installation has completed, click close.
- To make this your default display language, move it to the top of the list by clicking Move up.
- Changes will take effect after you log out and back in.