Video Library - Add Lecture Capture Video to iOS device
Use the following steps to download and add lecture capture videos to your iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, or iPhone using iTunes (version 188.8.131.52 used at time of instructions) and the USB sync cable.
- Open iTunes on the computer and make sure your device is connected via the USB sync cable.
A connected device should show as a button in the upper right hand corner of iTunes. (see image)By default, iTunes has both the Menu bar and the Sidebar hidden. It may be easier, when managing a device in iTunes, to have these showing. (see instructions)
- Once you are signed into Video Library website, choose a page with a video you would like to add to your device.
- Scroll down the page and select the Download tab. In this section, there can be up to three options (Video, Video 1.5x speed, and Audio MP3) Left click the iTunes icon next to your preferred option.
Your browser may (security) prompt you to choose an application to open the link, especially if this is the first time you've attempted downloading a lecture capture video to iTunes. (see Firefox image) (see Chrome image) (see Explorer image)
- The video should begin to either download into your iTunes Library or, depending on your podcast settings (see image), add itself to the queue under the Podcasts section.
Although the lecture capture video appears as a subscribed podcast, it will not work in that manner within iTunes. The lecture capture videos are not available as a true podcast subscription, and have to be added manually one by one. However, note that the Audio MP3 version of the lecture capture videos can be set up as a subscription.
- Once the video is downloaded to iTunes the next step is to transfer it to your device. It will depend on which method you use to manage content on your iOS device. Syncing automatically or syncing manually.
Select your device in the Sidebar. At the top of the iTunes window choose the Podcasts media type, check the box next to Sync Podcasts and set the Automatically include parameters from the drop down menu. Then click Apply. (see image)
Make sure you have your device set to Manually manage music and videos.
Select your device in the Sidebar. At the top of the iTunes window choose the Summary media type, scroll down to the Options section, check the box next to Manually manage music and videos. Then click Apply. (see image)
Select the Podcasts section in the Sidebar under LIBRARY, left click on the listed podcast then drag and drop it over the DEVICES section in the side bar. (see image)
For more on how to set up syncing on your iOS device, see links below.
- Now that the lecture capture has been added to your device you should find it located in the Podcasts app.
Note: the Podcasts app is not part of iOS 6 or later, if you don't already have it, you must download it from the App Store. (see link)