WiscVPN iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) - Configuring the Native Client
This document describes how to connect to WiscVPN through the native client in iOS 7.
- From the home screen, click settings.
- Click General.
- Click VPN.
- Click Add VPN Configuration...
- At the top of the screen, select IP SEC.
- Fill in the following information:
- Description: WiscVPN
- Server: wiscvpn.doit.wisc.edu
- Account:your NetID
- Password:your NetID password
- Use Certificate:off
- Group Name (case sensitive):
- Dynamic IP, On Campus network: WiscVPN-OnCampus
- Static IP, On Campus network: WiscVPN-OnCampusStatic
- Dynamic IP, Off Campus network: WiscVPN-OffCampus
- Static IP, Off Campus network: WiscVPN-OffCampusStatic
For a description of each type of connection, along with what split-tunneling is, see the following doc:WiscVPN - Split Tunneling
For more information about the difference between dynamic and static IP's as well as how to acquire a static IP, see WiscVPN - Static vs. Dynamic IP Addresses
- Dynamic IP: vpnw1sc2002
- Static IP: 3crf5byh
- Click Save.
Touch the switch next to VPN to connect to the profile. Once connected, you should see the VPN logo in the upper right corner.