Blackboard Collaborate-Master Document
One stop shop for everything Blackboard Collaborate-related on UW-Madison's campus. Resources are organized by role and interest, browse to find specific documents to help you out with everything from a product overview to step-by-step instructions for specific use cases.
- For a product overview of Blackboard Collaborate, including what it is and a list of its main features, please click here. (Looking for Blackboard Ultra? Go Here)
- To check out Collaborate's system requirements and test your computer's configuration, please click here.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to join a Collaborate session as a student or participant from Desire2Learn(Learn@UW), please click here.
- For instructions on how to join a Collaborate session in the My UW Portal, please click here.
- (Note: Students cannot set up Collaborate web conferencing sessions, they can only join conferences set up by their instructors)
- For an overview of training resources for students/participants or instructors/moderators using Collaborate, please click here.
- For a quick-reference sheet of best practices for using Collaborate, please click here.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems with Collaborate, you can get help through their support portal.
- Setting up Collaborate Sessions (including Permissions)
- Use Case Scenarios (User Templates)
- Collaborate Tools
Tips on how to customize individual panels in Collaborate to better fit your teaching, learning and collaborative goals here