MAC/PC Dual Boot and Laptop Connection Instructions - Room 240G Ag Hall
If the computer is not on, you can find the power button on the back right corner of the device.
Instructions for room 240G Ag Hall
Once turned on, use the arrow keys on the keyboard (no mouse support) to select Windows or MAC. If the computer is already on, and you want to use the other Operating system, just restart the system and you can choose the Operating system you prefer. (MAC Shutdown instructions below)
Once you are done, please turn off the computer so the next user can choose Windows or MAC.
- MAC side will not ask for any login information but if you want to access your files on the server there are a few steps you will need to follow (see below).
- Windows side will ask for CALS login and then you will have access to your files on the G:, H:, or I: drives
Login to CALSNet fileserver/Windows Active Directory (Windows Users):
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys together when prompted
- Click 'Switch User'
- Click 'Other User'
- Type in your CALSNet (Windows Active Directory) username & password. Note: Your username is most likely the same as your Netid. If you do not have a CALSNet login and wish to use Windows, please contact ACS at email@example.com or visit 216 Ag Hall.
- Username = cals\<your Windows AD username>
- Password = <your Windows AD password>
Refer to CALSNet Windows Active Directory (AD) Logon Procedure - Macintosh Platform
Shutting Down The Mac Mini
- Go up to the top left side of your screen, you will see the apple symbol.
- Click the Apple Symbol and then click 'Shut Down...'
Connecting Laptop to TV
- Take the cable on the left side of the TV and plug that into your computer (DVI Connector or HDMI).
- Then using the TV Remote, switch to HDMI 2 and your computer screen should show up on the TV screen.