Office 365 (Windows Phone 8) - Set a vacation message
This document will provide you step-by-step instructions on how to set up an automatic reply message.
Important: A vacation message, once it has been set on your phone, will continue to run until it has been disabled either on the phone or in Outlook Web App.
From your inbox or other folder in your mail app, touch the more button to expand the app bar, and then touch settings.
Touch automatic replies.
Touch the Status toggle to switch automatic replies on or off.
Type your automatic reply into the Inside my organization field. When you receive a message from another UW-Madison Office 365 user, this message will be automatically sent to them while automatic replies are on.
If you wish for an automatic reply to be additionally sent to users outside of the organization, check Send replies outside of my organization, and add an additional message.
- Touch done to save your changes or cancel to cancel.
- Include the date of your return.
- Provide information about who to contact in your absence.
- Remember that anyone who sends you an email will receive this automatic reply. Make sure that it is suitable for all audiences and doesn't contain sensitive information.
- For more advanced options like scheduling specific dates, see Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Automatic replies (formerly Out of office assistant).