WiscVPN (Android) - Downloading and Installing Cisco AnyConnect App
This document describes the installation of Cisco Anyconnect, and how to use it to connect to WiscVPN.
- Open the Play Store.
- Search Cisco Anyconnect.
- If your device is not rooted, download AnyConnect ICS+.
- If your device is rooted, download Rooted Anyconnect.
- If you are unsure, download AnyConnect ICS+.
- Open AnyConnect.
- Read and accept the end user license agreement.
- Click Add New VPN Connection.
- Tap Server Address, type wiscvpn.doit.wisc.edu, then click okay.
- Tap wiscvpn.doit.wisc.edu to connect.
Tap IP-Pool to bring up the list of connection types.
When you are on campus, you should connect using one of the OnCampus profiles. When you are connecting from off campus, it is best to use one of the OffCampus profiles. For a more technical description of why this is the best practice, please see WiscVPN - Split Tunneling.
For more information about the difference between dynamic and static IP's as well as how to acquire a static IP, see WiscVPN - Static vs. Dynamic IP Addresses.
- Enter your NetID and password, then click OK.
- Check I trust this application, and click OK.
- If you have successfully connected, the switch on the main page should be set to on. You will also see the AnyConnect logo along with a key logo in the upper left corner.
- To disconnect from WiscVPN, roll down your notifications, tap VPN is activated by AnyConnect, then tap disconnect.