Outlook 2011 - Exporting Autofill/Autocomplete
This document will provide guidance on how to export Autofill/Autocomplete from Outlook 2011. The file that is extracted in these instructions will only work with Outlook 2011. This will allow the user to automatically autofill/populate an email address when composing a new email that is being sent to a previous contact.
- Click Finder and then Preferences.
- On the General tab, place a check mark next to Hard disks.
- Go to your desktop and click on your hard drive to open it. The hard drive will typically be labeled as MacHD.
- Navigate to: /Users/you/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Recent Addresses/0T/0B/0M/0K/. (The "you" in the file path is your name or the name of your computer.)
*Note: Each "/" in the path above represents a break between screens. In other words, you would start by selecting Users, then you, then Documents, etc.*
- Hold down the Control key on your keyboard and then click on the file with your mouse. From the menu, click Copy "x19_4.olk14Recent".
- Paste this file in a location of your choosing. In this case, it was saved to the Desktop.
Your file is now ready to import. Because local calendars are treated as folders in Outlook 2011, to import them please refer to our Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Import Archived Folders and Locally Stored Emails documentation.