This document describes the usage of the Google Cloud Printer Windows application for SOAR printing. This application is only necessary if printing items from outside of Google Chrome.
Using Google Cloud Printer for Windows
- If you have not yet installed Google Cloud Printer for Windows please see KB document [Link for document 40197 is unavailable at this time.]for installation instructions.
- Print as you normally would from an application (ex. File > Print) and at the printer selection dialog box choose Google Cloud Printer. Then click Print.
- Enter the NetID@wisc.edu address or Google account information of the account that was granted SOAR Cloud Printing access and click Sign in.
If you have not requested or been granted access please see KB document [Link for document 40157 is unavailable at this time.] for instructions on requesting access.
If using your NetID email address you will then be redirected to the UW Madison NetID login page to enter your NetID and NetID password.
- Click the name of the printer corresponding with the SOAR advising room that you would like to print to.
- You may change any print options at this point; when finished click the Print button.
- Your print job has now been sent to the printer.