HR - WED - UW_HR_OVERMAX_UNDERMIN Query
PeopleSoft only provides a soft warning when HR Administrators enter a salary that is either higher than the approved maximum salary, or below the minimum salary range of a Job Code. There are times when it is appropriate for the salary to be outside the range, so a hard stop in HRS is not feasible. Therefore, a report is needed to identify employees with salaries outside their Job Code salary range so the UnderMin or OverMax radio button can be checked if the salary is approved to be outside the range, or if the salary is in error. This allows the HR Administrator to make the appropriate change prior to the payroll running.
Employees listed on this report may need to have their Job Data updated to correctly reflect their proper compensation rate or to correctly update either the Over Max or Under Min checkbox by inserting a sequenced row on Job Data using the same Effective Date as the rate over the maximum or under the minimum situation occurred. This may require correction mode, if subsequent rows exist. In these instances, a WiscIT will need to be created.
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED) is available for credentialed users and is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if a credentialed user has the ability to fix the errors.
- The HR Job Data Update role can change the Under Min checkbox for LTEs. The HR Job Data Over Max Update role is required to change the Over Max checkbox and the Under Min checkbox for all other Empl Classes.
- Employees with a Pay Basis of "L" or "N" are not included in this query.
Log into HRS and WED appears.
Error Queries appear based on your current security and if there are errors to fix.
Click on UW_HR_OVERMAX_UNDERMIN Error Query
Note - there are additional filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, Full DeptID, DeptID - Like, Show Claimed, Show Completed.
Click the 'Check to Claim' check box and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
Click on the Link to Correct hyperlink next to the employee you are working with.
You will automatically be taken to the UW Custom tab on the employee's Job Data pages, where the box is unchecked.
Click on the Compensation tab and review the salary for accuracy.
- If a data entry error has occurred and the salary is not correct, add a row on Job Data to correct the salary by following steps in HR - Pay Rate Changes.
- If the salary is correct:
- Click the UW Custom tab and mark the appropriate Rate Exceptions box and Save OR
- If you do not have the access to mark the appropriate Rate Exception box, visit the University of Wisconsin Service Center Support Webform and submit a Support Request. This will create a WiscIT that will be assigned to the appropriate UW Service Center (UWSC) Affinity Group (AG) to review, approve, and check the appropriate box on your behalf.
- Close the Job Data tab to return to the WED.
If you have fixed the salary or marked the Rate Exceptions box, mark the error “Completed” on the WED page or if you have opened a WiscIT, mark the WiscIT box on the WED.Note: checking the WiscIT box on the WED does NOT automatically open a ticket for you. You will need to visit the University of Wisconsin Service Center Support Webform and submit a Support Request, which will create a WiscIT and assign it to your UWSC Affinity Group. If the error required a WiscIT to fix, leave the completed check box unchecked.
Navigate back to the WED page by clicking on the “Home” link at the top right of your screen:
Once the error has been fixed in the system (either salary has been changed or appropriate check box checked), the employee will fall off the WED report the next business day.