Learn@UW - Students Cannot See Text Grades
In order for information entered into a Text Grade to be displayed to students, grade scheme symbols have to be set to be displayed to students.
If students cannot see the information entered into a Text Grade to be displayed to students, the grade scheme symbols have not been set to be displayed to students.
To do so:
- Select the Grades tool.
- Select the "Settings" link near upper right corner.
- Select the "Org Unit Display Options" tabbed page.
the option for "Grade scheme symbol."
- Press the Save button.
If you do not want the grade scheme symbol to be displayed to students for other grade items (for example, you just want to display the number of Points), you may turn off displaying of the "Grade scheme symbol" by overriding the above display option.
For each of these grade items:
- Edit the grade item.
- Select the "Properties" tabbed page, if not already selected.
- Scroll down to the Display Options heading and if necessary, select the "Show Display Options" link.
- Under "Student View", check the box by "" and un-check the box by "Grade scheme symbol".
- Press the Save tor Save and Close button.