EPD - Blackboard Collaborate - Detailed Launch Instructions for Windows
After clicking on a Blackboard Collaborate join conference hyperlink, expect the following:
1*. A screen similar to the one below may appear. If not, skip to step 2. If so, select one of the following:
- If the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher app is not installed, select Windows from the dropdown menu and click the Download button. You may have to save or run the installer file and then, complete the Blackboard Collaborate Setup Wizard. Different browsers will handle this differently and the behavior of each browser may vary depending on how you configured your browser settings. Once the launcher is installed, click Join.
- If the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher app is already installed, click the hypertext Launch Blackboard Collaborate now.
2. Enter the participant's first and last name and click Log In.
3. The web conference session will download. When the session has finished downloading, open the meeting.collab file in the web browser's downloads folder. The behavior of each browser may vary depending on how the settings are configured.
The user may need to:
- Open the Downloads folder. Then open the .collab file.
- Click the file at the bottom of the browser window
- Select Open With and choose Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
- Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
NOTE: You may receive several security warnings. Either accept or allow access as necessary.
4. Once the downloaded .collab file is selected, the session will open.
5. Practice launching the Blackboard Collaborate Test Room.
If successful, a Blackboard Collaborate web conference room will open.
Get more information on the EPD - eHelp - Technologies - Blackboard Collaborate page.