EPD - Blackboard Collaborate - Detailed Launch Instructions for Mac
After clicking on a Blackboard Collaborate join conference hyperlink, expect the following:
1*. A screen similar to the one below may appear. If not, skip to step 2. If so, select one of the following:
- If the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher app is not installed, select the operating system from the dropdown menu and click the Download button. Follow the subsequent instructions.
- If the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher app is installed, click the hypertext Launch Blackboard Collaborate now.
2. Enter the participant's first and last name and click the Log In button.
3. The web conference session will download. When the session has finished downloading, open the meeting.collab file in the browser's downloads folder. The behavior of each browser may vary depending on how the settings are configured.
The user may need to:
- Open the Downloads folder. Then open the .collab file.
- Click the file at the bottom of the browser window
- Select Open With and choose Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
- Download the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher
Note: A Security Warning may appear. If so, select "Do not show this again..." and click Run.
4. Once the downloaded .collab file is selected, the session will open.
5. Practice launching the Blackboard Collaborate Test Room.
If successful, the Blackboard Collaborate web conference room will open.
Get more information on the EPD - eHelp - Technologies - Blackboard Collaborate page.