UW Digital ID - Customer - Process when Transferring or Changing Positions to another UW Campus - Returning Key Fob or Unassigning Smartphone Application
This document summarizes the process that an employee should follow in handling the return of their hardware fob or deregistering their smartphone application as part of the process of transferring or changing positions to another UW Campus.
This applies to both OTP devices Key Fob and Smart Phone App.
1. Contact your LRA and indicate that your position is transferring or changing to another UW campus
2. To find out who your LRA is click on the "Click here for assistance" link at the bottom of the page within the UW Digital ID site
3. To verify your identity you must present a government issued photo ID and your UW ID to an LRA
Acceptable forms of Identification: UW Campus ID, UW Health ID, Drivers License, Passport, US Military ID Card
4. If a key fob was used return the key fob to the LRA
5. After you have verified your identity and returned the key fob, the LRA can Deactivate your One Time Password Device
6. If the smartphone app was used it can now be uninstalled
7. Once you arrive at your new campus you can place a new request in the UW Digital ID site and visit the LRA for your new campus to verify Identity and setup your new One Time Password Device
- UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Hardware Key Fob One Time Password (OTP) Device for Authentication
- UW Digital ID - Customer - Requesting a Smart Phone One Time Password (OTP) Application for Authentication
- UW Digital ID - Customer - How do I find out who my Local Registration Authority (LRA) is?