UW Digital ID - LRA - Process when a Customer is Leaving or Terminating Position with UW - Returning Key Fob or Unassigning Smartphone Application
This document summarizes the process that an LRA should follow in handling the returning of a customer hardware fob or deregistering the OTP smartphone application as part of the process of resignation / retiring / transfer from UW or changing positions into a job which they no longer need to generate a One Time password.
This applies to both OTP devices: Key Fob and SmartPhone App.
1. Go to https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
in your web browser and log in by selecting your campus and entering your institutional login credentials
2. The Additional Login Required page appears
3. Enter your One Time Password to complete your login to the site
4. Click Administration from the left hand menu
5. Enter the name of the person you wish to search for
6. Change the Status field to Completed to help filter results then click Search
7. Click on the name of the person to select the desired customer
8. The ID Summary screen will appear then click the Deactivate Device button in the upper right corner
9. A warning window will appear and ask you to confirm that you want to permanently deactivate the OTP device
10. Click the Deactivate button to continue
11. Device Deactivated message will appear
12. If a fob was used collect the key fob from the customer