This document provides an introduction to Imaging Service Onboarding
Introduction to Imaging Service Onboarding
If a UW-Madison School, College, Division or Department wishes to become a new customer of the Imaging Service, they can request to schedule a project for a base imaging implementation, a process known as “Onboarding.”
Note: if you have an existing Imaging implementation and need additional features, you will want to look here for information on Imaging Consulting and Development services.
Generally, with new Imaging onboards for Schools, Colleges, Divisions or Departments onboards, there will be tasks for both the Imaging team and the adopting school/college/division/department.
- Imaging onboarding features and roles for the Imaging team and the adopting group are:
- The Imaging team will:
- Implement with the customer a single set of related documents: document capture, archive and retrieval.
- Establish doctypes and metadata for a single set of related documents
- Provision one or more drawers and views as needed.
- Establish a document scan quality assurance (QA) process (a minimal workflow or batch process)
- Consult with division/department in purchasing and using a scanner with Imaging
- Set division/department up to use the Imaging Business Intelligence (BI) server for reporting on their use of Imaging.
- Set division/department up to use the JIRA web application for user and security changes
- Work with division / department’s IT staff so that they may install and support the imaging clients and scanner workstation.
- Initial training for department staff in the use of the imaging service
- Provide technical support:
- Familiarize division/department with support options and approaches.
- Provide technical support for users of the Imaging service.
- Not included:
- Scripting (automated document linking/workflow routing)
- Batch Document import
- The School, College, Division, or Department will need to:
- Provide primary and secondary service contacts for communication, user management and responsibility for your Imaging implementation.
- Install and support of the Imaging client and scanner/scanner software on division/department workstations.
- Maintain documentation and understanding of their use of the Imaging system
- Train future new users on division/department’s use of the imaging service
- Maintain copies of important imaging files including but not limited to inscan.xml, indevice.xml, scanner software installation software and media
- Maintain and service their scanner as needed
- The Imaging team will:
- For UW-Madison Schools, Colleges and Divisions and onboarding implementation of the basic service is funded by campus, but some additional costs can be incurred by the customer. Depending on the situation these can include:
- Onboarding business process and requirement analysis
- Project management for the implementation
- Vendor consultation
- Costs of scanner hardware, maintenance contract and CaptureNow licenses
- Bulk 3rd party scanning of existing files
- Service Level Agreement https://kb.wisc.edu/ecms/page.php?id=29879
- Submit a new customer onboarding request at https://webforms.imaging.wisc.edu/ecms-new-customer-request/