ABOUT THE QUERY:
The purpose of this query is to identify employees who may not be compliant with the following UW-Madison Grad School policies for Grad Assistants:
1) Fellows and Trainees should not be paid more than full-time annual Research Assistants.
2) Except if Fellow or Trainee, Grad Assistants must not have job(s) that exceed a total of 75% FTE unless special exception has been granted.
3) Grad Assistants must be enrolled (regardless of credits) as a graduate or professional student (ISIS CAREER = GRAD, LAW, MEDS, PHAR, or VMED).
4) Fellow or Trainee jobs should have FTE of 1.00000.
5) An employee with a Fellow or Trainee job with Fund 144 should not have other jobs with Fund 144, unless the other job is Student Help funded with a workstudy award.
Employees with data that appears to be non-compliant with these Grad School policies are reported via this query. Each instance is flagged with an asterisk suffix and the field is reported in red.
It is the responsibility of the division/department to adhere to the above-stated policies. Contact the UW-Madison Grad School Human Resources Office for more information about the policies.
WHEN TO RUN QUERY:
For best results, run the query during the term specified in the criteria.
ABOUT THE DATA:
The base population used for this query is currently active UW-Madison employees with the following set criteria:
Deptid matches the deptid specified in the criteria
Empl Class begins with 'SA'
Empl Status = 'A'
Pay Basis is NOT 'N'
Jobcode is one of the following: Y21NN, Y23NN, Y26NN, Y33NN, Y41NN, Y42NN, Y43NN, Y42NG or Y43NG
Some reported records have no red/flagged items ... but they have a + sign suffix in the "Total Pay per Emplid" column. In these cases, the employee has at least one hourly or lump sum job in addition to A- and/or C-basis job(s) and the query is unable to determine if "Total Pay" exceeds the annual RA rate.
The "Enrolled Student" column has "UNKN" (unknown) when the employee's HR Emplid does not have a corresponding ISIS Campus ID. This occurs in some cases when the employee does not have an SSN. This column has "NO*" when the employee is found in ISIS but the employee is not enrolled as a graduate or professional student for the specified semester.
1. Export Data
2. Report sorted by Name within Job DeptID, with page break after each Job DeptID. Use this report to locate jobs in a specific DeptID.
3. Report sorted by Name within Funding DeptID, with page break after each Funding DeptID. Use this report to locate jobs funded by a specific DeptID.