Group authorization definition for the Curricular/Academic Planning role.
UW-Madison employees selecting this group carry out the following functions in their job:
To perform their job functions employees selecting this group access data that helps them:
- Developing courses using enrollment trend analysis,
- Evaluating and developing curriculum using assessment of prior and subsequent courses taken by students or majors in a particular course or major.
- Evaluating Student majors - trends, years to degree, additional majors.
- Enhancing instructor preparation by providing insight into student background and relevant courses taken
- Insuring course/department consistency including consistent grade use and distribution
- Conducting or preparing for Department or program reviews
Examples of working titles for this group include:
- Recognizing trends in order to effectively plan course offerings, instructor hiring, relieve/identify bottlenecks to course sequencing
- Assessing special or major program development, especially changes to the major and implications
- Integrating student background into instruction or new course development
- Members of curriculum committees
- Department administrator
- Department Chairs
- Program or Advisor for a Major
- Student Services Coordinator