AM - Sick Leave Reduction Report
This procedure will take you through the process of creating Sick Leave Reduction Reports.
This document will walk you through how to run a “Sick Leave Reduction Report.” This report identifies which employees have a sick leave reduction due to a missing leave report(s). Employees who do not submit their missing leave reports by the fiscal year end deadline will have a reduction in their sick leave. Employees who do not file a report in one or more months of any year shall not be permitted to accrue more than 8.5 days (68 hours) for annual employees or 6.4 days (51.2 hours) if they are an academic year Faculty, Academic Staff, or Limited Appointment employee, pursuant to §40.05(4)(bp)1., Wis. Stats. Sick leave reduction can be avoided by turning in all the missing leave reports for the last fiscal year before the November deadline (Normally this is the Payroll Confirm date, but deadline will be communicated to the administrators in advance).Important! If the report is run by Department it will show employees and their missing reports for that Department only. If the report is run by Employee ID (Empl_ID), it will show the missing reports for ALL departments and ALL employee records.
- Run Control ID: Existing or New
- Report Request Parameters:
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon. To choose the whole Campus,type your campus letter and use the % sign. (ex. Y%)
- Employee ID: Select this option if you want to generate a report for a particular employee.
- Excel Output: If you want the report to be generated in an Excel format, select the check-box for the additional Output.
- Comp Frequency: To select only the 9-Month(9M)employees, click the 9M radio button. To select only 12-Month (12M) employees, click the 12M radio button. To chose both populations, click the "Both" radio button.
- Department and Empl ID searches are mutually exclusive, which means that you can either run the report for Department OR Employee ID, but not both simultaneously.
- Department searches will return missing reports for ONLY that department. Empl ID searches will return any report missing from any Empl_Rcd and will not be Department specific.
- If an employee has transferred into a new department in the middle of the fiscal year, it is advised that the report be run by Employee ID to capture all employment status.
- Sick Leave Reduction: Prior WRS Hours are listed to help troubleshoot why someone has the reduction they have.
- Employees who have 2088 Prior WRS Hours and SL earned at 96 will have a -28 hour reduction. (A basis
- Employees who have 1566 Prior WRS Hours and SL earned at 96 will have a -44.8 hour reduction. (C basis)
- Employees who have other Prior WRS Hours and other Sick Leave earned amounts, will have other Sick Leave reductions.
- Type of outputs available: Email, File, Printer, or Web
- Formats available for output: CSV, HP, HTM, LP, OTHER, PDF, EXCEL, PS, or SPF
- Fields on PDF report include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Page No., Run Date, Run Time, Report EmplID, Report Calendar Group ID, Report Fiscal Year, Comp Frequency, HR Status, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, HR Status, Curr FTE, Prior WRS Hrs, Paygroup, Leave Type, Amount, Approver, Missed Leave
- Fields on Excel Output include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Run Time, Report Department, Report Calendar Group ID, Report Fiscal Year, Comp Frequency, EmplID, Empl Rcd, Name, HR Status, Cur FTE, Prior WRSHrs, Paygrp, Leave Type, Amount, Approver, Approver Email,
Approver Phone, Missed Leave.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Click "Add a New Value" and enter a Run Control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
3. If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
4. Enter parameters for the Sick Leave Reduction Report. Then click "RUN" to proceed.
5. On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
6. Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
7. On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow refresh button
until it is successfully posted.
8. On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
9. Locate the File List and find the PDF and excel file to view the Sick Leave Reduction Report.
10. The following is a Blank sample of the PDF and Excel version of "Sick Leave Reduction Report" for reference. The Sick Leave Reduction Report can be run by employee or by department.
11. The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.
- UW Absence Management Reports > Missing Leave Report