WiscChat (Pandion) - Use Pandion to import / export your contact list
Unlike many other chat clients, Pandion allows you to import or export a contact list. This is particularly helpful if your email address is changing and you want to use your new email address with WiscChat. If you want to use a different email address with WiscChat, you can use Pandion to export your contacts, then configure Pandion with your new address and import your contact list. If you prefer a client other than Pandion, the imported contact list will automatically update itself in your preferred client.
The following document explains how to use Pandion to export and import your chat roster.
- If you don't already have the Pandion chat client, install it: Download Pandion
- If you haven't yet configured Pandion, configure it now: WiscChat (Pandion) - Configuring Pandion
- Log in with the account you used previously, either your NetID account or your departmental email address.
- Click Status from the toolbar and then choose Export Contact List....
- Save the .xml file in a place you'll be able to find it easily later. You'll need to save the default file name for it to save successfully.
- Once the file is saved successfully, sign out of Pandion by clicking Status and selecting Sign out from the drop down menu.
- Configure Pandion with your new email address
- Click Status from the toolbar and then choose Import Contact List....
- Choose the file you previously saved and click Open.
- This will automatically import your contacts and send an authorization request to the users to add your new email address to their chat roster.
- Once this has been configured, you can go back to using your regular chat client with your Office 365 account. All contacts will automatically appear in that account configuration.
Please Note: Importing your contacts may produce duplicates in your roster as well as the roster of your contacts. Delete duplicates or contacts that are no longer used.