Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Creating a task from an email message
It is possible to save a message as a task. This document will show you how to do that.
Note: This process will include the email message as an attachment within the calendar event/appointment you create.
- Select the message you want to turn into an event.
- With the message selected, click on the AppleScript menu in the Toolbar.
- Click on Create Task from Message.
- This opens the New Task window. Here, you can edit the name of the Event as well as set the Date. There is no Start Time feature, so it is recommended to set an alert for a set amount of time before the event starts by typing a value into Reminder (e.g. if the event starts at 3:00 PM, set a reminder for 2:45 PM to give yourself 15 minutes to work with.) When finished editing your event, click on Save & Close.
*Note: if there are any attachments in the message, they will not be included in the event.*
- Towards the bottom of the left-hand pane, click on Tasks.
- The task you've just created from the email message should now be displayed.