UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Change Publication Settings in MediaSpace
This is a tutorial on how to change publication settings in Mediaspace.
Overview of Publication Settings
Category and Channel Settings
|Open||Anyone can view content (including anonymous users), but only admin role users and category members can contribute content.||All logged in users can view content, but only admin-role users and channel members can contribute content.|
|Restricted||All logged in users can view content, but only Category members can contribute content.||All logged in users can view content, but only channel members can contribute content.|
|Private||Only Category members can view and contribute content. Note: Sub categories under a private category will be visible only to members of those sub categories||Only channel members can view and contribute content.|
|Shared Repository||N/A||Only channel members can view and contribute content; content may be published to other channels, according to publishing entitlements.|
|Public||N/A (The content in categories is publicly viewable when categories are set to "Open".)||Anyone can view content (including anonymous not logged-in users). Only channel members can contribute content according to their publishing entitlement|
Publishing Your Media
Individual Media Publishing
2. Click on the Actions button.
3. Select +Publish
4. Choose your desired publish option:
- Private - content is only visible to owner, co-editor, and co-publisher
- Unlisted - any user with the URL can view the video. Media cannot be both unlisted and published to a category/channel.
- Published - content is accessible based on the permission of the designated category or channel.
1. Go to "My Media".
2. Select the
check boxes to the left of each media item you want to publish; selecting
the check box at the top of the page will check all items.
3. Follow steps 2 through 5 in the above directions.