UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Change Media Thumbnails
System Requirements For Kaltura
How to upload, select, or auto-generate thumbnails in MediaSpace.
Instructions on Enabling Kaltura MediaSpace components in a D2L Course
While in My Media or within Course Media in D2L:
1. Click My Media.
2. Click Edit next to the video that you want to edit the thumbnail.
3. Click the Thumbnails tab.
4. Now select one of the three options available.
5. If you have an image on your computer that you would like to use as your thumbnail, click Upload Thumbnail.
6a. Clicking Upload Thumbnail will open your computer's file browser. Locate and select your image file then click Open or OK.
6b. To use an image from the video itself, pause the video (in the video preview window above) at the timepoint that contains the image you want to use. Then click the Capture button. The thumbnail image will appear below the Capture button.
6c. To select a thumbnail from a randomly generated list of images from your video, click Auto-Generate. This pops up a windows displaying images from your video. To select one of these images, simply click on the image.
7. If you need to back up your current thumbnail simply click Download. NOTE: It may take a minute or two for the Download button to appear.
8. Right-click on the image and select Save Image As...