EPD - Instructor Resources - Camtasia: Sharing a Project File (Mac)
EPD Instructor Resources
These steps are for those that will need help in producing and exporting their recorded presentation videos recorded with Camtasia on Mac. The first step is to make sure to save files in the way that will allow them to be shared.
To save the Camtasia project file as a Standalone Project File:
- In Camtasia for Mac, select File → Save As.
- Select the "Create standalone project" option (this is the key that will allow for the project file to be shared across computers).
- Click Save.
Now the Camtasia project file needs to be zipped in order to upload it to you UWBox course development folder.
- Locate the Camtasia project file in the Mac Finder. This is usually a .cmproj file.
- Make sure the file is selected, and then choose File → Compress... (see screenshot)
- This will create a new file with the same name as the selected file, but with a .zip file extension.
Now the resulting zip file can be uploaded to your UWBox course development folder where the EPD LDT team will have access to produce the Camtasia project file into a finalized mp4 video.