SIS/Building Your Schedule of Classes - Schedule of Classes Build Cycle
This document outlines the Schedule Build Cycle.
- Preceded by RO prep
- Reps schedule classes and request General Assignment (GA) classrooms
- Followed by RO audits and room assigning while reps mostly locked out
- Reps can assign instructors, update textbooks, adjust enrollment capacities, etc
- Review GA room assignments, adjust schedule as needed
- Final chance to review/update classes appear in Course Search & Enroll
- Followed by another round of RO audits and room assigning before release
- Is a single period for reps to build schedule
- After schedule is “published,” continue updates
- Schedule new courses, add new sections, cancel sections, update enrollment capacities, update section-level requisites, request new classrooms, etc.
When you receive materials from Curricular Services, follow the steps below:
Read and review cover memo and enclosed handouts, including reports.
Gather information from faculty and/or chairperson.
Enter adds, changes, and deletions into SIS
Verify updates using the Timetable Review Reports.