2018-2019 Guide Revisions: Important Information for L&S Departments
The revision process for the 2018-2019 Guide is currently underway. Each department is responsible for editing their "Department and Program" narrative tabs, and verifying all the information presented is accurate. Assistant Dean Tori Richardson coordinates the Guide update process for L&S.
Guide as the official document of record for requirements
The Guide is the official document of record for L&S program requirements. This includes major, certificate, and degree requirements, as well as the entrance requirements to any L&S program. The Guide, along with DARS, is an important tool for communicating with students and advisors. We appreciate departments' attention in ensuring accuracy of all information on program pages.
Department Responsibilities for updating their "Department and Program" section of the Guide (including Overview, How to Get in, Requirements, Learning Outcomes, Advising and Careers, & People tabs in the Guide)
Departments are responsible for ensuring the accuracy on their "Department and Program" page/tabs in the Guide. (See 2017-2018 Guide Overview and Requirements for your particular major/certificate overview and requirements). This includes:
- Verifying the accuracy of program requirements, and revising them align with any changes recently approved by the L&S Curriculum Committee.
- Ensuring the accuracy of entrance requirements (if any). They should align with the entrance requirements last approved by the L&S Curriculum Committee.
- Verifying the accuracy of all other text and links included on the narrative page.
- Reviewing any non-Guide pages the department maintains, and ensuring that information is also accurate (and, that it does not contradict the Guide!)
- Ensuring that all expected program changes have been approved by the L&S Curriculum Committee before they are included in the Guide. (See Changes to Program Requirements (Major, Option, or Certificate) for additional information)
- Making all the necessary revisions by the posted deadlines.
Submitting changes to program or entrance requirements to the L&S Curriculum Committee
If the department is considering changes to program requirements or entrance requirements, proposals should be submitted to the L&S Curriculum Committee early Fall 2017. See Changes to Program Requirements (Major, Option, or Certificate) for additional information. If program requirement changes are expected for 2018, please send a proposal to the L&S Curriculum Committee by October 20, 2017 so it may be reviewed in time to meet Guide deadlines.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Revisions to Guide
- By Tuesday, September 5, 2017: Each department must identify a person who will be coordinating the editing of their department/program information. Your department must email Assistant Dean Tori Richardson (email@example.com) the name, email address, NetID and telephone number of the Guide editor by this date.
- By Friday, October 20, 2017: If program requirement changes are expected for 2017, please send a proposal to the L&S Curriculum Committee by this date so they may be reviewed in time to meet Catalog deadlines (the sooner the better!)
- October 16 - November 22, 2017: This is the window when department editors may make changes to their department's information in the Guide. Please do not make any Guide revisions regarding changes to program or entrance requirements that have not yet been approved by the L&S Curriculum Committee. If change proposal submitted to the L&S Curriculum Committee may not be approved in time to meet these deadlines, please contact Tori Richardson for further assistance.
Guide Revision Process: Assistant Dean Tori Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirement changes, courses or other matters related to the L&S Curriculum Committee: Kimbrin Cornelius, email@example.com
DARS and major/certificate requirement changes: AIM@saa.ls.wisc.edu