Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Work on behalf of a resource calendar
This article explains how to use the delegation features of Outlook 2011 for Mac to manage the calendar and mail for a resource.
- Opening the Resource Calendar
- Creating a New Meeting for the Resource
- Adding a Resource Mailbox
- Sending an Email on Behalf of the Resource
Note: At a minimum, you will need "free/busy" permissions to open a resource calendar.
- With Outlook 2011 open, click on File and then Other User's Folder...
- In the User field, enter the name or email of the resource and then click OK. If unsure of the name or email address, see the next step. If you've found the resource, skip to step 5.
- Click on Search Directory.
- Type in the name you are looking for and then click Find. Once you've found the resource, click on it to highlight it and then click OK.
- In the Type list, click the drop-down menu and select Calendar.
- Click OK.
- If the following window appears, click Allow.
The resource will be listed within your "Shared Calendars" section and will continue to appear in your calendar view until you remove the calendar:
Note: At a minimum, you will need "Editor" permissions to act on behalf of a resource calendar.
- From within the Calendar interface, click the Meeting button to start the event creation process.
- If the resource name isn't already selected, click in the From: field to display what addresses you can send from. Select the resource.
- Edit the To:, Subject:, Location:, Start: and End: times and the message how you please. Once finished, click Send.
Note: At a minimum, you will need to be the owner of the resource or be granted "full mailbox" permissions to the resource calendar.
- Click on Tools and then Accounts...
- On the Accounts screen, click on Advanced...
- Click on the Delegates tab.
- Under People I am a delegate for:, click on the plus (+) sign.
- Search for the account you wish to add. When you find it, select it to highlight it and then click OK.
- Click OK and then close the accounts window.
Note: You will need "Send on behalf of" permissions to the resource.
- Click on the E-mail icon.
- Click the From: field to display a drop-down list of addresses you can send from. Select the resource address.
- Edit the message and add recipients. Click Send when finished.