Moodle - Linking Kaltura videos
The Kaltura Media Management System provides users with a NetID the ability to upload and manage media files (e.g., audio, video). To log in to Kaltura please refer to UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Log in to MediaSpace, for information on how to upload videos to Kaltura please refer to UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Upload Files to Mediaspace. For other information and tips on how to use Kaltura Mediaspace please refer to the Kaltura Knowledge Base.
Linking Kaltura Videos in Moodle
To share a Kaltura video as a resource in Moodle:
1. First, turn editing on by clicking the Turn Editing on button at the top right corner of your course homepage.
2. In the desired week/topic, click on the Add an activity or resource and select URL.
3. Give the link a name. This is the name that will appear on your course homepage.
4. Enter the Kaltura URL in the “Content” field. To find this link in Kaltura click on the 'Share' button beneath the video you would like to share and copy the URL.
5. When finished, click the Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page.
You can also share a Kaltura video in any html text editor by following the instructions on Moodle - Posting Images, Videos, and Audio Clips