Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Change default reply setting from "reply all" to "reply"
In the September 2015 update of "Outlook on the web" (formerly Outlook Web App - OWA) for Office 365, users have noticed that the default reply setting has changed from "reply" to "reply all". This could cause users to inadvertently reply to all users in an email thread when they intended to reply to the sender.
When viewing a message within your reading pane or separate window, you will see the following button:
If you click on the button, the default action is to perform a "reply all".
To reply or forward the message, you must click on the down arrow next to this action and select the desired action.
To change Outlook on the web's default setting back to "Reply":, click the Settings gear and then select "Options" in the menu:
- Click Settings gear icon and then select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
- Expand the 'Mail' section.
- Expand the 'Automatic processing' section.
- Click Reply settings.
- Select the "Reply" setting click Save.
- Return to your Outlook screen. The default action will now be Reply.