LabArchives: Activate Account
The first time you log-in to the UW-Madison LabArchives service, you will need to complete an activation step.
Once your lab or research group's LabArchives account has been provisioned as described in LabArchives: Request account, you (and each member of the group), will need to activate your account.
Important: If you are using a shared computer, such as a lab computer, computer kiosk, or even someone else’s laptop, be sure to log-out of any prior browser session (NetID Login Service - Logout Procedure) before you begin the steps below.
The first time you log-in to the UW-Madison LabArchives service (LabArchives: Logging in), you will be guided to the screen below which asks whether you want to create a new account or have an existing account.
Logging in for the first time
- Select the second option, "I do not have a LabArchives account and need to create or activate one."
- Once selected, a box will appear for your email address
- If you followed a link from an email, your email address should already be filled in the box
- If the box is empty, please enter the @wisc.edu email address associated with your NetID
- Note: it is strongly recommended you use your @wisc.edu email address, if necessary you will have the option to update your email address later
Linking an existing LabArchives account
- If you already have a LabArchives account (e.g. a trial account or one associated with a non-UW email address), select the first option, "I have an existing LabArchives account already."
- Once selected, two boxes will appear asking for the email address and password associated with your existing LabArchives account.
- Enter the e-mail address and password associated with your LabArchives account, then select “Link Existing Account.”
- Your account will now be linked to your UW credentials and you can log in using them
- Note: all pre-existing lab notebooks be available and unchanged in your linked account