D2L - Using Macmillan LaunchPad (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
There is an integration between Desire2Learn (D2L) and Macmillan which allows deep linking to Macmillan content and course resources (interactive e-Books, exercises, adaptive quizzing, etc.) from inside D2L. The integration also offers single-sign-on between D2L and Macmillan course tools, as well as the ability for instructors to send grades from Macmillan tools directly to the D2L gradebook.
As of Fall 2014, the integration is currently being offered as a "pilot" to a limited number of courses. If you're an instructor interested in using the Macmillan/Desire2Learn integration, please contact the Learn@UW Madison Support team at email@example.com.
- Phone. 1-800-936-6899, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. EST 7 days a week.
- Chat. 24/7 chat support is available at Macmillan’s Support Center. The Support Center also has user support documentation.
More Information for Students
More Information for Instructors
- How the Integration Works. Instructors interested in learning more can view this demo for details on how the Macmillan/D2L integration works.
- Setting up your D2L course. For information on configuring your course with the Macmillan course tools, refer to Macmillan's getting started information. In addition, Macmillan offers on-site assistance with setting up your course, as well as assistance with getting your students up and running. For more information, speak with your Macmillan representative.
- LaunchPad documentation. Extensive LaunchPad support documentation for instructors is available from Macmillan.