CALS Administrator - Employee Operational Area System (EOPS) Add/Update Operational Areas
This User Guide walks through step by step instructions to enter the operational area information in the EOPS system.
Operational Area instructions for CALS Administrators
Guidelines to determine operational areas and names can be found at: Operational Areas
- Log on to EOPS using your UW netid and password: https://apps.cals.wisc.edu/eops
- The Operational Area-Main Menu page opens. You have the option to:
- Designate an Operational Area
- Notify HR to Review Operational Areas clicking this link will….
- Assign employee jobs to an Operational Area (not available at this time)
- To enter and/or update operational areas, click Designate an Operational Area.
- The List of Operational Areas page opens. If operational areas have been entered for departments assigned to you, they will display.
- From this page, you can do the following:
To add an operational area **Note: operational name, dept id and description are all required fields:
- Click the Add a new operational area link (circled above). The Add an Operational Area page opens.
- Before adding an operational area, make sure you review the Operational Areas guidelines on how to name your operational areas. **Note: operational areas in this user guide are in the test system and don’t necessarily follow the guidelines.
- Type in the operational area name. Valid characters are A-Z, a-z, 0-9, spaces, apostrophes and hyphens. Any other character will produce an error message.
- Select the department id(s) that should be assigned to the operational area by clicking the box next to the Dept ID. To find a specific department, in the Search box, begin entering the department name OR ID. As you enter, an auto search will look for your entry and it will display in the results.
- Enter the description of the operational area.
To update an existing operational area:
- When finished, click the Submit button to save. You’ll be directed back to the List of Operational Areas page where the operational area will display in the grid. If you don’t want to save what you’ve just entered, click the Clear button. Clicking the Clear button will clear anything that’s been entered but not submitted.
- In the grid on the List of Operational Areas page, click View, Edit or Delete on the row of the operational area you want to view, edit or delete. **NOTE: once CALS HR has approved your operational areas, you will be limited to view access only.
- In View mode, you can view the operational area details, no edits can be made.
- In Edit mode, you can make edits on the name, department and/or description. When making an edit to the operational area name, you must check the box in front of check to modify operational area name.
To notify HR all operational areas have been entered :
- In Delete mode, you can delete the operational area. After clicking Delete, a message displays asking you to verify the delete. Click OK. If you clicked Delete in error, click Cancel.
When all operational areas have been entered, the next step is to notify HR your entry is complete and the operational areas are ready for their review/approval. If more than one of you in your department are entering operational areas, make sure everyone’s entries are complete. Clicking this link will lock the application for entry for everyone in your department.
- Click the Main Menu link (top right of page).
- The Operational Area-Main Menu page opens.
- Click Notify HR to Review Operational Areas clicking this link will…
**NOTE: Once you click OK, you will no longer have access to edit the operational areas, however you will be able to view them.
- A message box opens asking you to verify you want to notify HR your entry is complete. Click OK or Cancel.