WiscIT Powered by Cherwell: Known Issues List
This document lists known issues and possible work arounds in WiscIT Powered by Cherwell.
Known Issues in Cherwell
Web Client: Unable to open in Safari
- Issue: There is a known issue with the web client and customer portal and safari displaying a 404 error
- Workaround: Use Firefox or Chrome on a Mac to successfully access the webclient.
Installed Client: Journal section resizes to the bottom each time a ticket is opened or viewed
- Issue: If you drag the Journal bar up from the bottom, when you view another incident, the Journal bar is back at the bottom.
- Workaround: No known workaround, this is not a customizable feature. To quickly increase the size of the Journal section, you can double click on the Journal tab and it will raise to the top of the screen, double clicking on the tab again will return it to the bottom.
Viewing Multiple Incidents at the Same Time
- Issue: How can you view multiple incidents at the same time?
- Workaround: The web client does not have this ability, you can only view one incident at a time. Within the Installed client you can click on File-->New Window or if you are viewing incidents in a grid, right click on the incident you wish to open and select Go To Record in New Window.
Journals are difficult to read and there are a lot of entries
- Issue: There are a lot of journal entries and a lot of them appear to be system data
- Workaround: Use the Concatenated Journal View above the Description field for a list of all journals in chronological order.
Web Client: Unable to print CIs, CRs, or tasks
- Issue: Unable to print CI's, CRs, or tasks from the web client.
- Workaround: This is a known limitation of web client, use the thick client to print these items.
Web Client: Reports don't print the correct incident
- Issue: When running a report in the Web Client, it will use the first incident from when the report was created vs. the current incident.
- Workaroound: Run the report from the Windows Thick Client.
Web Client: Scrolling within a drop down menu closes
- Issue: When you are in a drop down menu such as Sub Category and scroll down, when your mouse hits the bottom of the menu the drop down menu closes and the entire incident scrolls down.
- Workaround: This is primarily an issue on Macintosh systems, the work around is to slowly scroll or use down arrow keys on keyboard. Cherwell is rebuilding the Web Client, release date has not yet been set.