WiscWebCMS - Responsive Template (rst) - Embedded Video
This document explains how to add, utilize and edit the Embedded Video content block.
Adding the Embedded Video
In order to add an Embedded Video, you must click on the button that allows for "Open Page for Editing". Then click on "Manage ____ Content".
Upon clicking "Manage ____ Content" the Management Server window will pop up, and you must select "Create and Connect Page".
The Content Blocks folder should be accessible, you will find "Embedded Video" and be able to select it.
Embedded Video Settings
Once the Embedded Video Block has been added, you can edit 5 settings of the Embedded Video from SmartEdit upon clicking the red dot next to "Block Settings".
- Block Title
- Editing the Block Title will allow you to name the title, in large font, on top of the Embedded Video.
- This is where you can enter the Video URL for the video you wish to embed. NOTE that in order for a video from youtube to show properly, you must include the 2 backslashes infront of the "http:" or "https:" and the rest of the URL.
- Below is a screenshot of where to find the embed code of a Youtube video. First you must select the Share tab found underneath the channel name, logo and subscribe button. Then you must select the Embed tab and then you will find the embed html code underneath. The URL link is situated in between the quotations of the code src=. In this case it's //www.youtube.com/embed/m3XQEjpGqyc
- Below is a screenshot of where to find the embed code of a Vimeo video. You will have to click the lowest icon on the top right-hand side of the video, of a paper airplane, which will be the Share button. The Share This Video window will pop out, and you will find the embed code at the bottom, in between the quotations of the code src=. In this case it's //player.vimeo.com/video/29545151
- You can select to have a widescreen option or no widescreen option. Usually you would keep this option on the default yes, as most videos are streamed at a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9 and 360, 480, 760 and 1080p.
- This will allow you to adjust the alignment of the Aside Box to Left, Right or Center of the content area.
- Editing the Block Width will allow you to adjust the width of the Aside Box.