WiscWebCMS - Responsive Template (rst) - RSS Feed
This document explains how to add an RSS Feed and informs users on its uses.
Adding the RSS Feed
In order to add an RSS Feed, you must click on the button that allows for "Open Page for Editing". Then click on "Manage ____ Content".
Upon clicking "Manage ____ Content" the Management Server window will pop up, and you must select "Create and Connect Page".
The Content Blocks folder should be accessible, you will find "RSS Feed" and be able to select it.
RSS Feed Settings
Once the RSS Feed Block has been added, you can edit 6 settings of the RSS Feed from SmartEdit upon clicking the red dot next to "Block Settings".
- Block Title
- Editing the Block Title will allow you to title the RSS Feed, which shows above the feed list in larger font.
- You can enter the feed URL of your choice in this area, and it will generate the specified list.
- This will allow you to hide or show the date that each article was published onto the feed.
- This will allow you to hide or show the time that each article was published onto the feed.
- This will allow you to hide or show a few sentences of text from the specified article that was published onto the feed.
- This will allow you to adjust the number of items you wish to have showing from the RSS feed.