Learn@UW - Adding a Semester or Term into the Structure of Your Organization
This document is for Site Administrators only.
This document describes how to add a semester or term into the structure of your organization.
To add a semester or term, follow this procedure:
- Logon to Learn@UW as administrator.
- Select the Org Unit Editor from the Admin Tools.
- Click the blue New Org Unit button.
- Select the correct option from the Type dropdown menu. Beware of multiple "Semester" options and be certain to select the option that corresponds to the active Org Unit Type for your campus.
- Complete the Name, Code, and Path fields. Note that a Path must be supplied when creating or editing any org unit.
- In the Parent ID field, type the Org Unit ID for your Org. You may select your org using the Search feature.
- Repeat the process to set up additional terms or semesters.
- Check your work to make sure you selected the correct Semester Org Unit Type. Return to the Org Unit Editor and verify that the new Semesters appear in the list at the left side of the screen, or that they appear with the existing Semesters when you Search Org Units and Filter by Type: Semester.