HR - WED - UW_HR_MISSING_BUSINESS_ADDRESSES
Employees on some campuses are unable to obtain a NetID without a Business Address entered into HRS. This causes a delay in accessing systems and services such as ID Cards, parking, etc. Employees appearing on this query need to have this information updated via Modify a Person.
The UW_HR_MISSING_BUSINESS_ADDRESSES is an error report created to find employees with a missing Business address. These errors appear in the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis.
- Error Listing contains Employees with missing Business Address
- Credentialed Users can enter correct Biographical Data for each Employee on list
- Employee Contact Information - resolved
- Employee will fall off the Error Query
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and are based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- There may be soft warnings that will pop up after clicking Save. Please click through these warnings to allow for the Save.
- Employees in a 'No Pay Basis' are not included.
Procedure Steps1. Log in to HRS, WED Error Queries appear to the right of the Main Menu. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Module = Cast net by specific functional group queries
Priority = All queries by default are sorted High, Medium, Low
Business Unit = filter by campus
Dept ID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code)
DeptID (like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or mulitple departments.
3. Click on UW HR Missing Addresses Error Query
4. Note - there are filters available to narrow your list: Business Unit, DeptID (1), DeptID - Like (2), Show Claimed, Show Completed. 5. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
6. Click Link to PERSONAL_DATA_2.
7. Modify a Person > Contact Information Page displays, where Addresses are stored. 8. Note, no address for Address Type Business. 9. Click + button to add an Address Type/Address. If Address Type is available and 'Blank', skip to step 10.
10. Click Address Type drop down, select BUSINESS. 11. Click Add Address Detail link.
12. Enter Effective Date and Country, then click Add Address link.
13. Using drop down menu, choose appropriate value for UW Institution, Location,, Room, and if used Mail Drop ID. Note: Some data may auto-populate for you. 14. Click OK. **Soft warnings may appear, click OK through these warnings.
15. Returns to previous screen, click OK. **Soft warnings may appear, click OK through these warnings.
16. Returns to Contact Information page, click Save. **Soft warnings may appear, click OK through these warnings.
17. Close Window. 18. Return to UW HR Missing Business Addresses Query page.
19. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
20. Click the Home link to return to the main WED page.
21. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
Related Job Aids:
- Workflow Exception Dashboard - WED
- Maintain Employee Data - Biographical Details
- HRS HR - eProfile (Employee Self Service) - Change Addresses