Office 365 - Office for Education
In September of 2014, Microsoft enabled Office for Education for UW-Madison Office 365 users. This allowed users to enable services such as SharePoint and OneDrive for their account. While these services are included in the eventual roll out of Office 365 to the UW-Madison campus, there was a timeline in which they were a part. After working with Microsoft, UW-Madison users have been restricted from enabling these services until the proper infrastructure can be put into place to support them. For more information on this decision, please review the following article on the Office 365 Transition site. Total, there are 92 users who enabled these services during the short time they were available.
This document will attempt to explain how to verify whether a user has enabled these services.
Verifying if Office for Education is enabled for an account
- The account in question must log in to the Outlook on the web client.
- Once the account is logged in, select the Office 365 button in the top left of the window. Depending on the theme selected by the user, the button may look slightly different. Please see the two examples below:
UW-Madison's Custom Theme:
Standard Office 365 Theme:
- On the following window, users will see one of two screens below.
- Users who have activated the Office for Education services will see the following screen:
- The rest of campus users will see the standard list of collaboration options.
Note: Users with these services enabled report that when they attempt to install the