D2L - Master KB: End-of-Semester Tips for Instructors (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
One-stop shop for everything instructors need to know for preparing their courses for the end of the semester.
- For general end-of-semester practices and tips, please click here.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to archive (save content including student-generated content) an entire course, please click here.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to download and print course files, please click here.
- For information on what happens to your course after the semester ends and how to access it, please click here and for information on policies governing the retention or removal of old D2L courses, please click here.
- How to Calculate, Export, and Submit Final Grades
For information on how to get help for any D2L related problem, please click here
No matter the issue, you will find help and useful information in the UW-Madison knowledgebase (kb.wisc.edu). Here are a few tips to keep in mind while searching it.