Office 365 - Use Learn@UW to Self-Register and Track Office 365 Standard Training
If you are interested in tracking your learning of Office 365 and have it added to your campus Learning Transcript, this document describes how to use Learn@UW to self-register for Office 365 standard training. Learn@UW enables us to track all of your Office 365 training, whether it is done via self-study, webcasts or classroom.
In Learn@UW, Office 365 standard training for basic email and calendar functionality includes the following four courses:
- Outlook on the web (replaces the WiscMail/WiscMail Plus and WiscCal web client)
- Outlook 2013 for Windows
- Outlook 2010 for Windows
- Outlook 2011 for Mac
Office 365 advanced training is for users who manage email, calendar or resources on behalf of another. Office 365 advanced training is handled on a case-by-case basis by emailing email@example.com.
To login to Learn@UW to self-register for an Office 365 standard training course (which will be tracked and added to your Learning Transcript upon completion), follow the steps below.
- Log in with your NetID and password at https://learnuw.wisc.edu/.
- From your My Course Dashboard, click Self-Registration from the Desire2Learn drop down.
- In the Course Offerings section, scroll down to find the desired Office 365 training course. In this case, it will be one of the links that start with “Office 365 Outlook …”. Click on the appropriate link based on the email client you will be using after the migration. Office 365 email clients include: Outlook on the web, Outlook 2013 for Windows, Outlook 2010 for Windows, and Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- At the next screen you will be asked to confirm the course for which you are registering. Click Register.
- Your Registration Information for email and name will likely be populated automatically. Fill in or correct any blank or incorrect information. Please note: In the Email field, enter your current email address, not what your new primary email address will be once you migrate to Office 365. Click Submit.
- Click Finish to complete your registration for the Office 365 standard training track. To access the training content, including viewing the self-study materials, webcasts or registering for classroom training (if available), continue to the next steps.
- Click the “Go to course offering…” link to access the training content.
- From the course home menu, you can use the buttons on the left to jump to the section you would like to access or simply click Get Started>.
- Awareness training – Learn how the migration will be happening and your role in the migration.
- Application Training – Learn how to use the email client program. This includes the option to register for classroom training (if available) or to watch a recorded webcast or view self-study materials.
- Training Sign-off – Complete this to indicate to your Office 365 Migration Partner that you have registered for or completed training and to have it added to your campus Learning Transcript.
- Resources – View additional Office 365 resources.