D2L - Master KB: Setting Up for the Semester for Instructors (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
One stop shop to help instructors get their Desire2Learn (D2L) courses ready for the semester.
- Unsure whether to use D2L or Moodle? Click here for a comparison and contrast of the two Learning Management Systems. (If you have a D2L course you would like to move to Moodle, please see this kb for information on exporting course content from D2L)
- For information on copying course components from an old D2L course into your current or upcoming course, please click here
- For a useful setup checklist to follow in setting up your D2L course, please click here
- For help in activating your course, please click here
- Course Design and Customization
- Setting Up and Using the Gradebook
- How to Use some of D2L's Basic Tools (Content, News, Discussion, Textbook)
- A Look at some of D2L's More Advanced Tools (Calendar, Groups, Release Conditions, Rubrics)
For information on how to get help for any D2L related problem, please click here
No matter the issue, you will find help and useful information in the UW-Madison knowledgebase (kb.wisc.edu). Here are a few tips to keep in mind while searching it.