Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Master KB: Setting Up for the Semester for Instructors
One stop shop to help instructors get their Desire2Learn (D2L) courses ready for the semester.
- Unsure whether to use D2L or Moodle? Click here for a comparison and contrast of the two Learning Management Systems. (If you have a D2L course you would like to move to Moodle, please see this kb for information on exporting course content from D2L)
- For information on copying course components from an old D2L course into your current or upcoming course, please click here
- For a useful setup checklist to follow in setting up your D2L course, please click here
- For help in activating your course, please click here
- Course Design and Customization
- Setting Up and Using the Gradebook
- How to Use some of D2L's Basic Tools (Content, News, Discussion, Textbook)
- A Look at some of D2L's More Advanced Tools (Calendar, Groups, Release Conditions, Rubrics)
For information on how to get help for any Learn@UW related problem, please click here
No matter the issue, you will find help and useful information in the UW-Madison knowledgebase (kb.wisc.edu). Here are a few tips to keep in mind while searching it.