Rentals - Wireless Modems
This document outlines the usage, features, and other details of the 4G wireless modems available for rent at the Tech Store.
- Internet access in Verizon's 4G and 3G coverage area in continental United States
- Portable and charges over USB
- Secure wireless network
- Flat-rate rental fees for up to 30GB of data usage
- Hold down the power button on top of the modem until the screen displays "MiFi".
- The modem will take a few moments to start up and search for service.
- Once the modem has finished starting up, open the wireless network connection settings on your computer or mobile device and select the MiFi 4260LE Jetpack network.
- When prompted for a password, enter the password found on the back side of the modem.
- Your device should now be connected to the 4G wireless modem and should have internet access through that network.
TroubleshootingIf the device will not power on or start up:
- Ensure that the modem has been allowed to charge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the plastic back panel of the modem.
- Disconnect the battery from the modem.
- Hold the power button on the modem down for 10 seconds with the battery removed.
- Reinsert the battery and replace the plastic back panel.
- Try again to power on the modem.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct wireless network on the device you wish to connect and that you have entered the correct password (found on the back side of the wireless modem).
- Switch your Jetpack off and on, then restart your computer or Wi-Fi device.
- Check the display status on the LCD screen for your connection status, alerts, or messages.
- Check the Alerts screen on the wireless modem and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Make sure that network coverage is available in your area.
- Reset the wireless modem using steps 2-6 from the power on/start up troubleshooting steps above.
- From the main menu on the wireless modem, go to Settingsand tap the middle button.
- On the next page, go to Wi-Fi and tap the middle button (it should be the first option on this page).
- Tap the right button to go down one option to Band.
- Tap the middle button to change the frequency between 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
|4G Wireless Modem||$10||$30||$80||-|
Terms and Conditions
The Renting Party accepts responsibility for listed equipment and all accessories normally provided with listed equipment. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to loss, theft or any and all types of damage including anything that makes the equipment inoperable and including visible or hidden damage. The Renting Party is responsible for the equipment from the time of check out until the time of check in and will be subject to any fees necessary to repair or replace lost or damaged items. Equipment value can be determined if the Renting Party wishes to provide insurance coverage on the equipment either as a separate policy, or as a rider to an existing homeowners or renters policy. DoIT Rental Service does not provide insurance against loss, theft, or damage.
Unless an accessory item is indicated on the parts check list above and/or any attached check lists by the DoIT Customer Service Representative as NOT present at the time of checkout, it will be assumed to have been present. When checked out equipment is returned, the responsible Renting Party will be subject to meeting all terms and conditions listed in paragraph A above.
Equipment is due to be returned by 5:00 PM on the Return Date listed on the Rental Order Form. The Return Date is the last day of your Rental Period. These times are subject to adjustment due to previous reservations. If previous reservations were made for the same equipment for the day after your Rental Period, you may be required to return your equipment early or you would be charged a late fee.
Equipment returned late will be subject to a Late Return Fee. Late Return Fees are based on the daily rental rate for the equipment times the number of days the equipment is overdue. Failure to resolve Late Return Fees will result in a Registrar's Hold of the Renting Parties school records. Departmental orders returned late will be charged against the open requisitions or procurement card used for payment of the rental fee. Semester rentals returned late will be charged an additional semester rental fee. Failure to return equipment or rentals more than one month overdue will immediately result in a Registrar's Hold of school records and enrollment, which will be removed once all equipment is returned and/or all applicable late fees have been paid.
If the Renting Party has equipment problems they are required to report these problems immediately to DoIT Rentals, or no credit for use of the equipment will be issued. To report equipment problems, please call (608) 263-7237 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the discretion of DoIT Rentals, dependent on equipment availability, a different rental unit may be substituted for a unit experiencing problems. Software problems or hard drive crashes are the responsibility of the Renting Party to replace, reload, or repair during the rental use period if not returned to us for service. DoIT Rental Services is not responsible for data backup or recovery.
Additional Agreements (for Modem Rentals Only)
In the case of the rental of a 4G USB Modem or a 4G MiFi Hotspot Modem, the Renting Party shall not exceed 30GB of data usage during their specified rental dates. If this limit is exceeded the Renting Party will be subject to all applicable data usage overage fees and/or data services for the modem will be shut off immediately. Failure to pay any applicable overage fees will result in a Registrar's Hold of the Renting Party's school records and/or enrollment. Departmental customer overage fees will be charged against the open requisitions or procurement cards used for payment of the rental fee. In the event of data being shut off, no refund of rental fees will be given for any remaining time on the rental period.
A 4G USB Modem or a 4G MiFi Hotspot Modem rental can be rented for up to one month at a time, with a maximum rental period of three (3) consecutive months. The Rental Party must call to renew before the end of each monthly rental period. The user shall be granted one late renewal, which can be no more than five (5) business days overdue. In the case of a second violation, or a rental more than five (5) business days overdue, the modem must be returned immediately and will be subject to a Late Return Fee and a Registrar's Hold may be placed on the Renting Party's school records and enrollment.
A 4G USB Modem or a 4G MiFi Hotspot Modem rental may only be used within the continental United Stats (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). The Renting Party will be subject to all applicable data roaming usage fees that result and/or data services for the modem will be shut off immediately. Failure to pay any applicable data roaming fees will result in a Registrar's Hold of the Renting Party's school records and/or enrollment. Departmental customer overage fees will be charged against the open requisitions or procurement cards used for payment of the rental fee. In the event of data being shut off, no refund of rental fees will be given for any remaining time on the rental period.