UW Madison Google Apps - Create a Google+ account
This doc explains how to create a Google+ account in UW-Madison Google Apps.
|Terms of Service||CAUTION: Content that is uploaded to this service is not protected by the terms of service that the University of Wisconsin - Madison has negotiated with Google.|
Creating a Google+ account
Log in to UW-Madison Google Apps with your NetID and password using the following URL:
If you have multiple UW-Madison Google Apps accounts, select your desired account from the list provided.
If you only have one UW-Madison Google Apps account, you will be logged into your account automatically.
- Next, click the App button located four from the top-right corner.
Scroll all the way down and click Even more from Google
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page and locate the Social Tab.
Click on Google+. There are three simple steps to activate your account.
- You will be presented with the screen below. Enter your Name, Gender and Birthday.
Hit Continue after entering your information.
- Next you will be presented with possible people to connect with, from your contacts. If you want to add them to a circle, place your mouse over add and you will see these options.
- If you want to add more people that were not shown in your initial suggestions, scroll down until you find: Search for people. Type in their email address or name.
- Now, follow the things you love. Scroll down the suggested options and click follow to any categories you want to get updates from.
- The first time you follow a category, make sure to click Okay, got it!
The category will look like this once followed:
- Lastly, add more information about yourself.
- Click Finish, and you will be directed to your personalized Google+ Account.