Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac) - Attach a file or a folder to a message
Before you attach a file, please review Office 365 limits for information about the types and sizes of files that can be send using Office 365.
You can send files and folders by attaching them to an e-mail message. When you attach a folder, Outlook compresses the contents of the folder into a single .zip file.
|NOTE: This document applies to Outlook 2016 for Mac, released in late 2015. For information about how to complete this task using the previous version of Outlook available for Mac, see: Office 365 (Outlook 2011) - Attach a file or a folder to a message|
- In your message, on the Message tab, click Attach.
- Locate the item or folder that you want to attach, select it, and then click Choose.
If you are attaching a folder, on the confirmation dialog box, click Compress.
- A list of the attachments to the message appears below the Subject box.
- To remove an attachment from a message, hold down CONTROL and click the attachment, and then click Remove.
- You can also add attachments by dragging a file or folder from the desktop or Finder into the body of the message.