Office 365 - Save a file to OneDrive desktop
This document describe how to save a file to your OneDrive for Business folder. There are three ways to save a file to your OneDrive for business folder the steps for which are described below:
Saving a Microsoft Office file to your OneDrive for Business folder
These instructions are generalized to be relevant across multiple Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Click File
- Click save as
- from the list of places to save to, choose OneDrive for Business as pictured below
- If you have not saved to your OneDrive folder in this way before, it will not be listed as a 'recent folder'. Click the browse button which will take you to a standardized saving menu that is opened to the OneDrive for Business folder.
- Click save to save your file.
Saving a file directly to your OneDrive for Business folderThe following steps assume that you are using the standard 'save as' feature for windows applications. As a note, saving from Microsoft Office applications is slightly different than the steps shown below.
- Choose save as to save your file. In the following window, select OneDrive from the left-hand "Favorites" column as shown below:
- Now that the OneDrive folder is open, select where in the OneDrive folder you want to save the file and press save
Drag and Drop files into your OneDrive folder
Any file or folder can be dragged and dropped into your OneDrive folder.
- Open your OneDrive for business folder by selecting it from your left-hand column of folder options as shown below:
- With the folder open, drag and drop any file or folder you wish into the OneDrive folder.