BN - WED - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment
When the system identifies employees with multiple, active, non-student help (SH) jobs, it will assign the Benefit Primary Flag according to pre-configured logic. If an employee's Benefit Primary Flag switches to a new job as a result of this logic, the employee will appear on this report to be reviewed by Benefits Administrators. Records on this query will be accompanied by a priority designation (Medium or High) and an error message explaining the criteria the system used to assign the Benefit Primary Flag for each employee. Benefits Administrators will review the employee's complete history by referencing Job Data and the Details hyperlink on the Maintain Flags Page. If necessary, Benefits Administrators will manually reassign the Benefit Primary Flag so that it is on the appropriate job.
- Correct assignment of the Benefit Primary Flag is critical both for determining employee benefit eligibility, particularly in cases where the employee has multiple jobs, as well as ensuring that benefit deductions occur on each payroll. If an employee is not paid on the job that is marked with the Benefit Primary Flag, deductions will not occur. When an employee has multiple jobs, the Benefit Primary Flag assignment must be reviewed to ensure that the appropriate job has been designated as Primary and the employee will be routinely paid on that job.
- Credentialed Users will review all Job Data and determine if the flag has been set on the correct job. If not, the Benefit Administrator will reassign flags manually. Once the determination that the flag was set properly has occurred OR a manual change to the employee's Benefits Primary Flag has been made, the User will mark the employee as completed on the WED.
2. To filter the results of the Error Query list further, options appear below.
Business Unit = filter by campus.
DeptID = filter by specific Dept ID (must enter full alpha + six digit code).
DeptID(like) = filter by a partial Dept ID to capture larger net at the division level or multiple departments.
Claimed = filter to view all errors currently claimed in this query.
Completed = filter to view all errors that have been completed for this query.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
4. Click the Link to Correct hyperlink next to the employee's name you are working on. A second window will open directing you to the employee's Maintain Primary Flags page.
5. On the Primary Jobs Flags page, the job that is marked Benefits Primary for this individual should be checked. There must always be at least one job designated as the Benefits Primary Job for each Benefit Record Number.
6. Click on the Detail hyperlink to provide a summary of Job Data for that Employee Record. Note that this page may not contain all of the data necessary to fully assess the Benefit Primary Flag assignment.
7. Clicking on the Detail hyperlink will forward the user to another screen displaying basic information about the employee's Job Data as shown below. If the Details page does not provide enough information to assess the assignment of the Benefit Primary Flag, click OK to navigate back to the Primary Jobs Flags page or click on the 'X' at the top of the tab to close the window.
8. Open a new Window by clicking the hyperlink in the upper right hand corner of the Home Page.
9. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data. Enter the employee's Empl_ID, click on the Include History button and click Search. Click on the Job Information tab to evaluate the employee's eligibility criteria of Empl_Class and FTE.
10. Click on the UW Custom Tab to evaluate the employee's eligibility criteria of Continuity Code.
11. Repeat these steps for each Empl_Rcd for the employee to obtain all information regarding that specific date in time.
12. If the Benefit Flag is not set on the correct Empl_Rcd, click back on the hyperlink next to the employee's name to bring up their Benefit Primary Flag page.
13. Click the check box next to the employee's Empl_Rcd that should be marked as Benefits Primary as of that point in time and then click the Save button. Note: You do not remove the check box next to the incorrect value - this will clear automatically upon saving the new selection.
14. After marking the correct job as Benefits Primary and clicking the Save button, navigate back to the WED page by clicking on the “Home” link at the top right of your screen:
15. Mark the error “Completed” on the WED page. The employee will fall off the WED report the next business day.
16. If you are unable to set the appropriate flag, it may be necessary to Rebuild Primary Flags. Please reference BN - Rebuild Primary Job Flag for more information on this process.