BN - Processing a ICI Event (Deferred Enrollment)
This document will take you through the process of entering the employees (who applied for ICI) into HRS.
After the events are created in HRS by the Service Center, the Benefits Administrators will process the employee's ICI application.
- The employee's ICI application
- The ICI Deferred Entry email from the Service Center
- Employee's enrollment in the ICI program
- This process is NOT used for New Hires and Evidence of Insurability
- University Staff (Classified) should be enrolled before the first bi-weekly April pay confirmation (these employees should be processed first)
- Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment (FA/AS/LI) (Unclassified) staff should be enrolled before the monthly April pay confirmation
1. Click Benefits
2. Click Manage Automated Enrollment
3. Click Events
4. Click On-Demand Event Maintenance
5. Enter the employee's Empl ID (or other search criteria to find them).
6. Click Search.
7. Click Election Entry to enter or change the employee's enrollment.
8. The Option Election screen for this employee appears, with all of their current enrollments. At the top of the screen are three options you'll need to complete.
Note: If any of these three fields are not completed, the Event will not close.
- Enrollment Code = Change Benefit Plan
- Enrollment Reason = ICI Plan Change Only
- App Received = Enter the date the application is received from the employee.
9. After entering the Enrollment Code, Enrollment Reason and App Received, click the Apply enrollment defaults button.
10. Enter the ICI enrollment information from the application by clicking the Option Code icon. Refer to BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid .
- Category University Staff (Classified)
- Elimination Period FA/AS/LI (Unclassified)
11. Once you have made your changes, scroll to the bottom and click Save.
12. On the On-Demand Screen, click the checkbox for Finalize/Apply Defaults.
13. Click the Validate/Finalize button.
14. You will receive a pop-up message notifying you that the process has been completed successfully. Click OK.
15. If you have a FA/AS/LI (Unclassified) C-Basis employee, you will have to add this person to the Prepay Deduction Review page. Refer to Document 16911 is unavailable at this time..
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Plan Types, Benefit Plans, and Payroll Deductions Job Aid
- Document 16911 is unavailable at this time.